Who is ready for season 6 of Mississippi Valley Mayhem? We are!
At the moment Mississippi Valley Mayhem is in search of a new practice facility and will update soon. Please keep checking back for more information.
Updated March 22, 2014
For those who are interested in joining and would like to see what it’s like to be a derby girl.
We are currently recruiting women, ages 19 and up, presently insured, of all shapes, sizes and skating ability. Come play roller derby and see what it’s all about.
If you find that you enjoy it (and I know you will), you’ll be expected to buy your own skates, helmet and pads for your personal use. Please arrive to practice a little early to get laced up and ready to go.
Tips for Practices:
- Wear exercise clothing. You will sweat.
- Bring clean tennis shoes for injury prevention workouts.
- Bring a water bottle. The snack bar will not be open.
- Bring whatever gear you have at this point!
- Be willing to sign a hold harmless waiver, or you will not be permitted to skate.
- Be ready to hit the floor before practice starts.
- General public not permitted to watch practice. If you are thinking about joining as a skater, ref, or non-skating official you are more than welcome!
Equipment – Your priority is to get equipment first, then skates.
When you do order skates, you need to get quad style skates, or speed skates. No roller blades or artistic style skates are permitted.
Insurance – Primary insurance is mandatory to be a skater. You will also be required to purchase secondary roller derby insurance in addition.
Rules/Regulations – Our governing body is the WFTDA (Women’s Flat Track Derby Association). We play by these rules and these rules alone. They will also allow us to rank nationally and send girls to other cities to compete.