Mississippi Valley Mayhem (MVM) is an all-female, flat track roller derby league based in La Crosse, Wisconsin. Founded in August 2008, the league consists of a single team which competes against other teams from leagues in the surrounding region.
Women’s Flat Track Roller Association (WFTDA)
Mississippi Valley Mayhem is one of the many teams representing Division 3 of the Women’s Flat Track Derby Association (WFTDA). WFTDA is made up of skater run leagues who vote on the rules, hold tournaments, sanction teams and bouts, train refs, rank leagues regionally and nationally, and establish the safety and training of the member leagues.
MVM was accepted into the Women’s Flat Track Derby Association Apprentice Program in January 2010, and graduated to full WFTDA status in December 2012.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
Mississippi Valley Mayhem exists to promote the sport of women’s flat track roller derby in the Midwest, help local charities and organizations and create positive female role models in our community. The league is open to all qualified participants who meet membership requirements.
WHERE WE CALL HOME
We are proud to call the Onalaska Omni Center in Onalaska, Wisconsin our home for all home bouts!
Practices and Junior Roller Derby practices take place across the river at the La Crescent Community Ice Arena in La Crescent, Minnesota.
Strengthen and Support Our Community
MVM is a non-profit organization committed to partnering with local businesses and charitable organizations in an effort to strengthen and support our community.30% of bout proceeds go to benefit local charities in our area.
ALL ACTIVITIES, POLICIES, AND RULES ARE DESIGNED WITH THE FOLLOWING IN MIND:
- Safety of all participants
- The best interests of the league as a whole
- That all decisions are made “by the skaters, for the skaters”
A very special thank you to all those who make this possible. Volunteers, Non-Skating Officials, Referee’s, Sponsors, Family & Friends, we wouldn’t be here without all of you.
- Call of Booty Promotional Radio Interviews KCLH & WIZM-FM 8/12/2015
- News 8 Eye Piece: Camaraderie and Collisions WKBT News 8 7/31/2015
- Roller derby going strong after seven years La Crosse Tribune 7/30/2015
- Roller Derby helps La Crosse woman battle her demons WXOW News 19 7/23/2015
- MVM helps out MedCity Mafia during first roller derby bout Post Bulletin 3/22/2012
- Derby Love, Parent You Know Coulee Region Parenting Connection 9/1/2011
- Rowe finds her niche in roller derby Houston County News 10/23/2009
- We dare you Eau Claire! Volume One 8/25/2009
- A group of girls bring a roller derby team to the area WEAU 13 8/24/2009
- Women’s roller derby debuts at Omni Center Coulee News 5/28/2009
- WKBT features Sunday practice WKBT News 8 5/15/2009